Always Caring Assisted Living Group Homes For The Elderly
Affordable Geriatric Assisted Living Care and Residential Group Homes, Columbia,
Maryland, MD.Serving Ellicott City, Clarksville, Howard County, Montgomery County,
Frederick County, Carol County, Anne Arundel County and Baltimore County, Maryland;
as well as the greater Washington DC and Baltimore metropolitan region, including
Virginia and Pennsylvania. Assisted living care services include long term care,
short term respite care, Alzheimer and dementia care, hospice care, nursing and rehab
care for those elderly residents with chronic illness and disease or requiring professional
What is Dementia? The term dementia is used to describe those symptoms that occur
when the brain is affected by specific diseases and conditions. These include Alzheimer's
disease and sometimes as a result of a stroke.
Dementia is progressive, meaning the symptoms are chronic and will gradually get
worse. How fast dementia progresses will depend on the individual. Each person is
unique and will experience dementia in their own way.
Symptoms of Dementia:
• Loss of memory − for example, forgetting the way home from the shops, or being
unable to remember names and places, or what happened earlier the same day.
• Mood changes − particularly as parts of the brain that control emotion are affected
by disease. People with dementia may also feel sad, frightened or angry about what
is happening to them.
• Communication problems − a decline in the ability to talk, read and write.
In the later stages of dementia, the person affected will have problems carrying
out everyday tasks, and will become increasingly dependent on other people.
Residential Assisted Living Homes: There are several important ways Always Caring
assisted living homes ensure your loved ones suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s,
receive the necessary care they deserve.
1. Our residential group homes tend to be far more affordable than nursing homes
or other local care facilities.
2. Our residents enjoy a consistent home like setting which provides familiarity
causing them to feel at greater ease and peace.
3. Our residents enjoy our home cooked nutritious meals and feel secure in the knowlege
they receive consistent attention from our professional and caring staff.
4. The families of our residents feel confident that their loved ones are receiving
the best possible care and support.
To learn more about our affordable Dementia and Alzheimer’s residential assisted
living homes in Columbia, Howard County, Maryland, please call or email Always Caring
assisted living homes at 1-410-730-3838. Click for more information about our assisted
living homes and our care services.